The scheme grants up to 25% return on costs spent in Norway to productions produced partly or entirely in Norway that are intended for international distribution.
The application deadline is to be announced.
Who can apply?
The main production company, or any person
The main producer must have produced at least one film, drama series or documentary series in the previous five years that has been widely distributed.
The incentive scheme is aimed at productions produced entirely or partly in Norway that are intended for international distribution.
In order to be eligible, the minimum total production budget sums are:
- NOK 25 million for feature films
- NOK 10 million for documentary films
- NOK 10 million per episode for drama series
- NOK 5 million per episode for documentary series
The minimum requirement for eligible costs spent in Norway is NOK 2
A minimum of 30 % of the financing must come from international sources (outside of Norway), and the production must document an international distribution agreement.
To qualify for a grant under the scheme, the production must achieve at least the minimum required
- Applications must be submitted before the start of the production in Norway.
- Applications must be submitted in the online application form provided on the Norwegian Film Institute website and must be submitted in Norwegian or English.
- Applications can only be processed when all the required documents have been submitted.
For more information go to our Guide for applicants
- The grant amount may total up to 25% of the approved costs relating to the production in Norway.
- If more than 80% of the total approved production costs will arise in Norway, the grant amount will be calculated based on the total production costs in the EEA (reg. sect.7).
- A grant decision will be confirmed with a provisional Grant Letter from The Norwegian Film Institute.
- Grant decisions are valid for two years, with the possibility of a one-year extension due to force majeure or other special circumstances.
- Request for payment of the grant must be sent to The Norwegian Film Institute within six months after production terminates in Norway and disbursement is conditional on the delivery of the requested materials in the Grant Letter.
- The grant recipient must be an audiovisual production company registered in the Norwegian Register of Business Enterprises, established specifically for the applicant production.
- Grants given under the incentive scheme may not be combined with other production grants from The Norwegian Film Institute.
- Grants given under the incentive scheme may be combined with grants from regional funds in Norway and development and marketing grants from The Norwegian Film Institute.
Tina Beate Goa Fagerheim
Production Adviser Incentive Scheme and Sørfond
+47 22 47 44 40