A new grant scheme designed to boost film exports and strengthen Norway’s position in international film markets is experiencing great demand.
The NFI International Distribution scheme is designed to stimulate increased exports of Norwegian films by providing grants for the marketing and distribution of Norwegian films abroad. Grants are paid to the foreign distributor via the film’s Norwegian producer.
The grant scheme was started as a pilot project running from 2022 throughout 2023. At the close of the March 21 application deadline, the grant scheme had received 13 applications from Norwegian producers, comprising 42 applications from foreign distributors.
The applications amount to a total of 7 389 283 NOK, with a total of 3 000 000 NOK available in this application round. The applications include 12 feature films and one documentary.
- Qvisten Animation AS: 480 600 NOK, animated feature A Mystery on the Cattle Hill Express (KuToppen på sporet), for distribution in Portugal, Polen, Hellas og Tyrkia.
- 74 Nisser AS: 250 000 NOK, There's Something in the Barn (På låven sitter nissen), for distribution in the US.
- Nordisk Film Production AS: 1 677 171 NOK, NightMare/Marerittet, for cinema distribution in Italy, Russia, Hungary, Czech Republic, Slovakia and Mexico. 189 750 NOK, children’s feature Christmas on Cobbler Street (Jul i Skomakergata), for distribution in Hungary and Romania.
- Motlys AS: 453 250 NOK, feature trilogy Sex, Dreams (Drømmer), Love (Kjærlighet), for distribution in Denmark and Sweden. 376 751 NOK, Listen Up! (Hør her’a!) in Denmark and Sweden.
- Amarcord A/S: 734 986 NOK, Dancing Queen, for distribution in Estonia, Poland, the Philippines, Korea and the Netherlands.
- Mer Film A/S: 600 000 NOK, Let The River Flow (Ellos eatnu - La elva leve) for distribution in Denmark, Iceland, Finland and Sweden.
- Speranza Film A/S: 570 000 NOK, documentary feature Songs of Earth (Fedrelandet), for distribution in Italy, the Netherlands, Poland and Sweden
- Helt Super A/S: 939 000 NOK, animated feature Just Super (Helt Super) in Greece, the Netherlands, Turkey, Romania, Slovakia and in the UK.
- Film og Sånn A/S: 190 000 NOK, Norwegian Dream, for distribution in UK and Benelux.